It is not just about coming back. It is about the impact you make in the process. And Chennai team knows how to with a bang.
The Chennai team beat the home team by one wicket in what was an absolute sit-at-the-end-of-the-chair thriller. It was one of the best chases the tournament has seen and it most definitely won't be the last. The player who made the difference in the end - Jadhav - literally came back from the dead after retiring hurt to take his team to the finish line by hitting the ball in style with a six and a four.
Batting on one leg and playing an absolutely unbelievable shot, this player leveled the scores first with a six and finished the match with a four.
- MI has never won their opener since 2013.
- This was Chennai's first win against MI in an opener of this T20 League
- DRS used in the league for the first time
- Bravo: It was a great team effort. I want to dedicate this win to the CSK fan, they have waited long for it. I came very early. I have been working a lot on my batting. It gave me time to set. They bowled in my areas and I backed my skills.
- Rohit Sharma: Feeling low at the moment. Credit to Dwayne Bravo, he played well, hit the right pockets. There was some dew and that didn’t help us, but they played well. We need to improve our death bowling, we were in the game till the 17th over, the last three overs didn’t go our way
- D Bravo T20I fifty: 54 runs in 25 balls (6x4) (2x6)
Which was your best moment?