Another IPL is around the corner and I wanted to share 7 things that I would love to see in this year’s edition.
- Medium Scoring Matches: Call me old fashioned but 20-over games where teams score 200+ is horrible. I would like to see scores around the 150 mark for a good game of cricket.
- Super fast bowling: I would love to see atleast 4 bowlers in the league who can bowl at speeds over 150 kmph. To see someone bowling at 125 kmph opening the bowling is plain boring.
- Specialist bowlers: I am tired of guys like Rajat Bhatia and Virat Kohli bowling in a 20 over game. This is supposed to be a game where every over counts.
- Advertisement in the middle of play and not the other way around. I understand ads are important. But I surely don't want to see the pitch exploding to introduce me to the wonders of a new chocolate !!
- Better facilities for fans at the stadium: While things have improved a great deal over the last couple of years, going to watch a cricket game is still a terrible experience in India. There is inadequate public transportation & parking facilities, insipid and expensive food, stinky toilets, arrogant security guards, poor telephone connectivity …. etc etc.. The paying public deserves better.
- New Innovations. IPL founds its way into the people's hearts because it was innovative. It has to keep innovating in order to stay fresh as a concept. Consider something like these -
- The team losing the toss should be allowed to make one change to the team after the toss. That will even out the disadvantage of losing the toss to an extent.
- Include 2 women players mandatorily in every team (One Indian and one international). This will be the fastest way to bring up the quality of women's cricket in the world.
I know the title says 7 things and I have listed only 6. That is to encourage you to add to the wish-list using the comments section. For all you know, someone from the IPL governing team might read this blog and our wishes might come true !!!!!